Tuesday 12 November 2013

Halloween 2013... hey that rhymes

Hello everyone!
Sorry that I have been away for a bit but with Halloween I was super busy,then got more work and then had surgery(which will be a blog post in the up coming months(probably around xmas)).

Of course we all know that halloween is my favorite time of year(I wouldn't have cobwebs, bats and a zombie stitched heart tattooed on my chest if I didn't). and everyone goes to The Hunger v.8 every year put on by Definitely Superior Art Gallery in downtown port arthur. This year there was 4000+ people in attendance at 7 different venues. If you missed it, you missed out!


I'm sure most of you have seen my pictures from halloween this year if you follow my facebook fan page or my instagram , but I'll go into a bit more detail on here.

So my first client for the evening was my friend and director Curtis. He went as Edward Sicssorhands, so I had to place the scars in the right positions on his face, pale him out and add the classic Tim Burton dark eyes and lips. It was very easy because he already looks so much like Johnny Depp.
hair Courtney O'Connor

make-up Scotia Waddell

original Johnny Depp
Next was my bouncer friend who wanted a sugar skull that also blended out into his beard and hairline. It liked the concept he gave me, but dollaramma halloween hair spray sucks. 4 cans and still I don't think it was enough, it would bead off and drip down, next time: walmart. 
I had been watching Rob Zombie's "Lords of Salem" alot so that was a influence in my style.

Next was my friend Grimmace the Buttler's cousin Gonzo.
You might know Grimmace who is Webster Death's(now know as Webby D)'s butler and assitant on stage at Web's hip hop preformances.

For halloween though, he wanted Gonzo(who'm is also related to Captain Spaulding) to preform.


Lastly, Kyle and Me went as Celtic Warriors, which meant Woad makeup! Historically it was blue and black.

I didn't take a good picture of me at the beginning of the night, but the black face paint stayed on pretty good all night, should of mixed some black or blue eyeshaddow in there to keep it from creasing so badly.

Finally we had a Halloween costume contest at work, which also happened to be my last day so I wanted to go out like a champ!
Seeing how my students just LOVE my anatomy pants, I wanted to do a full muscular face, but then I had this skeleton dress so I decided to go half and half. I had just gotten a small book that was a quick step by step for face painting, to use when I do charity work so its easier for kids to pick out what they want, or for assistants to use as a guide. It's Wolf Brother's "Top Secret cheat book volume 2: Horror"

                       



 How my student's decorated the room for the classroom Halloween contest.



















I hope everyone had a happy halloween!! Remember keep ideas all year long, (I start booking in September 2014 for next years Halloween)
xoxox Scotia-leigh.
comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment