Monday 2 December 2013

Hot Buns Review

Very rarely do I buy "As Seen on TV" stuff. But I saw it on the impulse rack at Target and figured... why not?
Lately I have been loving the top knot bun look. I never liked having my hair like this before because when I was a kid I was in highland dancing, sea cadets and soccer, so my hair was always in a bun.
But after getting some more surgery(3 months I will reveal this process) and now being a housewife: I find buns are just easier.

so for those who follow me also on my instagram, you saw this the other day. Sorry I am one day late.



These are the rollers I bought, I didn't get the dark brown(the one I should of gotten) but because I was running around and just kinda grabbed it, I got the blonde ones.


As you can see on the box they come in 2 sizes, I had ended up showing my sister this and because my nice is also in sea cadets, she needs a bun. She has medium length thick, straight hair. It does not stay in anything so I hoped this would help her have perfect hair for cadets.




When I first tried these, I could not for the life of me get the snap to work, also I put them in backwards so it looked messy.
 Then I tried again when my arms weren't hurting so much, and I got it!


    
  • when you wrap your hair around it, it gets almost perfectly smooth.
  • its easier then pining your hair around a pony tail
  • it keeps its shape 







  • the snap I find is hard to do(mostly reaching behind your head: you're blind. and then also if you have long finger nails like me)
  • when you pull the elastic out to tighten it and wrap it around the bun, it messes up your perfectly laid hair.
  • you still have to bobby pin your hair down so its not flopping around from side to side.


so for anyone who's interested this is how you use it:

as you can see the different between
hot buns:
the only reason there's pinned hair around the bottom of these is the extra pieces from my clip in bangs

and just wrapping it around a pony tail:


has anyone else tried these? or do you have a better method?



xoxox Scotia-leigh.

comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:
 Elegant Embodiments Facebook for more updates and news!
Elegant Embodiments on Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment