Sunday 5 January 2014

Starting Off the New Year Wrong

I do realize that it's my first post of 2014, and if you have been following my  facebook you'd know that just for the new year I wanted to do some fun nail art with a new polish I got.

Well following another facebook post I had made about how I am not liking Essie polish any more.
I still will randomly grab it and now I have my big regret and will never do so: my new years resolution.

Sorry that it's a negative review post. But out with the old and in with the new year of trying to find the perfect nail polish.








My last purchase of essie nail polish was "belugaria". its black with inlayed large sparkles. I thought it would be perfect for a back drop for nails.
It was not advertised as having matte smaller sparkles in it(well not where I bought it, online it does), and you can't see them through the glass.

Obviously I was surprised that it had this weird texture, not to say I don't like textured nail polishes, OPI's liquid sand is fine, I don't find it annoying to wear. (my liquid sand review)






  •  This doesn't go on very well, usually some fuller sparkle nail polishes go on with a bit of trouble. But this was hard to get to lay even in a streaky way
  • even when trying to set a top coat over, it won't set right, parts stick up and out of  it.

without top coat

with top coat, only one nail looks okay(take away that I was so mad that I didn't even bother to do any clean up around my cuticles)



  • All I can really say it looks nice in the bottle. even the better pictures online look bad to me. 


Sorry essie but you are no longer valued to me, and especially this one is straight into the garbage bin.
Once salon quality brands go public, salons shouldn't use them anymore for a number of reasons. One of the reasons is that well if you can go buy it for  5$ at wal mart, why would you pay the worth of 8$ that's part of the full manicure price. 
Another, what I think is the more important reason is, once production of a product gets bigger, it's very hard to keep the same quality within that product. that goes for the actual chemicals used in the product and the ideas of the people working for the company.

What are your favourite and least favourite nail polishes?


xoxox Scotia-leigh.

comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:
 Elegant Embodiments Facebook for more updates and news!
Elegant Embodiments on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment