Wednesday 2 April 2014

Playing Dress Up

Over the last few weeks I have just been going full out dressing up to leave the house, for no actual reason, maybe just one is due to my shopping addiction of dresses. 
So here's just a quick what I've been doing with my style lately, which if you follow me on my instagram or facebook then you've already seen them.


The day I had to go do a wedding cake tasting and make reno plans at home depot, I wanted to wear a new dress(not shown) which is a retro style halter dress that has a vintage circus print on it. I paired my Johnny Cash cardigan with it. 
I have actually never done my hair up all in rolls before, and I was totally out of hairspray. I think it turned out really good. 
All neutral makeup minus my "Pink to be" Lime Crime lipstick. 
Which usually I find it a bit hard to wear cause its sooo pink but it works good with this retro, neutral look.

Then yesterday I decided that I wanted to be Freddy Krueger. I went out to friend's business' downtown to ask for shag prizes. 
I wore my new wig from pleasure wigs(though I always end up cutting the bangs). 
For coverage surprisingly all I used was some Merle Norman loose mineral powder and some matte cover girl mouse foundation on my lips: as I don't have a super nude lipstick (well I do now.. keep an eye out for my review) I used a dark brown, black, darkest purple and the darkest red eye shaddows to blend out on the outer corner.
The socks are from halloween town, I found the sweater, fedora and the little vest harness at value village. And of course I didn't wear out my Freddy glove, but it is a numbered special edition replica.  
I also used the Marc Jacob's silver nail polish I grabbed from Sephora.
The necklace is from Hot Topic(6 years ago)

and Unfortunately I wasn't with anyone who could of taken a pic of me with my Elm Street sign: yes I live on Elm street!








Another dress (up) that I did was my new R2D2 dress and (you can't see it in the pic) I wore with it my galaxy leggings. Lipstick is "Mint to be" by Lime Crime












Last but not least, for the drag show of my friend Fantasia 10 year anniversary of doing drag, I dressed up with inspiration from Sharron Needles though everyone thought I was Lady Gaga. Both are acceptable.


Lady Gaga :World Icon. not a drag queen(technically)
Sharon Needles: World Champion Drag queen
Either way Needles or Gagging on Gaga: people at the show wanted to take pics with me, which was a first. I was very flattered by that. It probably also helped that other than the other Drag Queens I was the only one super dressed up.

xoxox Scotia-leigh.
comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment