Wednesday 11 June 2014

Maleficent Inspired Geek

Sorry I know that I said I would be posting about other stuff for last weekend, but we had a kid's medical emergency that took me away from thinking about this.

I did get to do a nice photoshoot with Day Vid Z Photography to use some of the props that I have been making for the Fan Con in July at Old Fort William Historical Park.

If you are a fan of me on my instagram, then you have seen all my nerdy nails and other props that I have been making for sale.(Remember that you can contact me if you are interested in any of these items ahead of time) 

I also have a upcoming interview in a brand new Canadian magazine called "Monstermoiselle" so I wanted a new look in super high def.

I had made some Maleficent horns, so I wanted to use those. I also made some monster teeth but they didn't fit in my model's mouth(gotta re figure these out so they are more compatible for everyone). I wanted the photo to show off everything that I do. I create props, I apply prosthetics, I can do dramatic beauty makeup and I also can apply that makeup to translate for a professional photoshoot . David added some awesome green smoke effects to the photos and it looks so awesome.
Here is the finished photo:


Here are what the horns looked like while I was making them. (You can find the same tutorial I used here.)
yup Hot glue gun and toilet paper rolls. After I sewed tight pointy "socks" that fit tightly over the horns and sewed them to a headband.



To see the rest of the nails and other props(teeth, ears, tails, horns and nails) I have been making, check out my instagram and facebook!

xoxox Scotia-leigh.
comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment