Thursday 26 February 2015

2 American Mary Film Inspirations

If you haven't seen "American Mary" go do it! It is a great horror movie about [SPOILERS] a nursing student who ends up doing underground extreme body modification which she finds out is her calling after getting raped by her med school teacher and practicing her body mods on her revenge victims.


When I was away for the halloween store, we did a special effects workshop and got a pack of bullet holes. I made the joke to my sister how they would work great as nipples if you just filled the hole part or turned them inside out (depending on how they were originally made). 



So tonight I did! Part inspiration from the body modification that "American Mary" might have done and also a bit of an homage to the "Mallrats" gypsy scene by Kevin Smith.

Below is NOT SAFE FOR WORK : extreme body modification speical effects, nudity, adult movie refferences... not good to look at work but I deffinately am not ashamed of the movies I like or my love of body modification.


Inspiration #1







So the homage to "Mallrats" was having the extra nipple, from the scene where they go to the dirt mall to talk to the gypsy who has to be topless to do her fortune telling and has a stick on fake 3rd nipple for show. I wanted to out do that so I did 3. 












Now also the 3 is what I think that a character in "American Mary" would go to Mary to get 2 extra nipples sewn on. Just to make it more gross and also I guess I was also inspired by a short film called "The Sewing Circle" by Richard Kern: where for real a lady sews through surface piercings on her labia which I always thought was gross and neat at the same time. I do have my nipples pierced so don't worry I was not being unsafe with such a delicate area, its fake blood, the holes have been open for many years and the needle was cleaned before I inserted into my actual skin after going through the 1st fake nipple.

I filled the bullet holes (put on normally, not turned inside out they didn't have a sticky-outy part) and filled the holes with the pulled off tips from a qtip and flesh coloured liquid latex.
yup I'm a drama queen.

Inspiration #2

In "American Mary" she has a client named Ruby Real Girl who wants to be a barbie doll, which means no sexual parts. I liked the idea of "barbie boobs" so I tried it out. This would of been way easier if I had normal tape down skin coloured pasties but I didn't and I tried many things, just wax putty, a big bandaid.. finally I found some medical fabric tape. Getting a nipple to stay down when you're messing around with it is hard... haha pun.

I used a brighter filter on the top photo just to super get the barbie boob look, I think I got pretty close to the movie, seeing as you can still see through their makeup job as well.



 I ended up doing the same routine that I use to cover eyebrows when I want to draw a different shape on: cover with glue( this time I opted for the flesh toned liquid latex), cover with foundation and pat with powder and repeat till the lines are covered.


I hope you all check out the films I talked about if you haven't seen them if you love horror/alt/indie movies! Please no rude comments because please understand that I love horror, the human body, body modifications in all shapes and that I am not trying to be rude just wanted to express an idea that I had as a special effects artist.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment