Monday 23 February 2015

Auto Accident

Bruising is fun, but on film its hard. The point is to see it. Bruises sometimes don't show up for days, or are really small, or are really light and just seem dark and painful to us. Whenever I make a bruise for anything really, I go in knowing this and try to explain it to whomever is asking or directing me, but also realizing that lights blot out what I've done, you have to be able to pick it out and you really want it to tell the story of what has happened just by looking at the subject.

A month ago I posted a pic of instagram asking if you could tell the story from this photo:
Could be a fight? Could be a fall?


Well what it was for was a commercial I was hired for, but it never came to be, I have it but am not allowed to fully show it which is a shame, it was made by the same director I have worked with before and it was really funny! Here are the 2 shots that tell the story for my bruises:


It was a mechanic commercial and it had a few different scenarios about trying to fix your car yourself and getting frustrated. Unfortunately this guy got his hand slammed in the car and in another scene he got the hood to the face.

Here are my closer shots I took day of, I wanted it to be a more fresh bruise which aren't very colourful, They are more just red with whatever new scratches may be in them.



I wish I could show you this video, I can't get over how funny it is. Ah well tis the life of film and marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment