Sunday 10 August 2014

Halloween Vacation

This week I have been so busy with planning my wedding(this saturday!!) and kids, and house and then my company that I work for now Halloween Alley, flew me out to their annual dealer meeting in Edmonton. 

I was so excited to go, I have only been there once on a sea cadet band trip to play a giant military band performance so I didn't get to do anything, kinda same deal I missed out on the mall and going to visit the wonderful Sweet Carousel Corsetry. But it was worth it! I had so much fun learning about the company, how to run and market my store, meeting everyone and of course  ALL THE AWESOME HALLOWEEN COSTUMES AND MAKEUP!!!

I was so excited I did me and my sisters nails for the trip, she is my partner in running this store.
weird coke cans tell the future: hers told her to share with her sister. mine told me to share with my best friend.

I used the new ChinaGlaze texture to do my halloween accent nails, one a pumpkin and the other candy corn(which I actually hate, they taste like rocks). 

I used the OPI acrylic nail base coat for my acrylic nails, and just now as I'm taking off my polish it did a decent job of not dying the nails black, I still will have to file the darker top layer off though because my next nails are planned to be light in colour for the wedding.


The texture worked out well for the pumpkin nail, it gave it that extra touch to the art making it feel more like a pumpkin. The candy corn because I had to layer other polishes on top turned out a mess in my opinion, from far it looks okay: but up close meh.




On Nikki's toes I did a little ghost and "BOO!" on her big toes and used a glow in the dark polish as a top coat.










On the first day we had how to used their vampire teeth and realistic tattoos.  The teeth are pretty cool because they are custom molded teeth. They used the heat activated silica beads that I used to make my orc teeth with. The tattoos are awesome, they stay on for days and look realistic. the edges don't peel right away or show.

I can't just be a nice girl eh? I grabbed the larger teeth meant for men and of course, this tattoo was perfect for here. (sorry for the offensive pic for those who did get offended)

The second day to break up the talk-y seminars we did 2 makeup workshops, one was face painting and the other was how to apply the appliances that we sell. Both my areas of expertise!(though I guess that makes me a bad listener because I jump ahead and just do my own thing because I know how to use the product

The appliance workshop was fun, we used a wound stack, gel and liquid blood and a bullet hole appliance.  All made by Wookie fx. I really like the gel blood we got because its just far superior to anything I have ever used before. It's super dark, still a bit runny and a little goes a loooooonnnggg way. It says fresh of hours(I was wearing a long skirt and I had to pull it to the side when sitting down otherwise it would stick to the blood).  Keep an eye out in the near future for what I have planned for these bullet hole applicances, it won't be bullet holes I can tell you that ;)
Damn high heels, always falling down and breaking my knee caps.

This was the rest of the time. Awesome props, they brought a awesome hearse to meet us for the fashion show, awesome cattered food, and of course the fashion show which I posted pics on my facebook.



I can't wait. Watch out in the next 2 months for freakshow grand openings, makeup workshops, costume workshops and much more!!
 xoxox Scotia-leigh.
comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment